Wednesday, April 10, 2013

[a cookbook worth purchasing]


One of my goals this year is to learn new, tasty recipes. 
I purchased this cookbook as it has many fast and simple every day recipes in it. I thought I’d share one to show an example what you get with the book.

APPLESAUCE BARBECUE CHICKEN

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
½ tsp pepper
1 TBSP olive oil
2/3 cup (1.5dl) (chunky) applesauce
2/3 cup (1.5dl) spicy barbecue sauce
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 tsp chili powder

1.   Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in olive oil on both sides.
2.   In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer, until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice.

For barbecue sauce, I used Bull's Eye's Honey Garlic Bonanza sauce.

I haven’t been eating meat for awhile but the rest of the family said this was delicious. So super easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)