Monday, January 19, 2009

{fun!}

***
I've been following artist Misty Mawn's "art every day" challenge and wishing I'd be an artist. I don't have hours every day to do wonderful paintings. Neither have I got the technique skills. But I itch to create something, somehow. This week's challenges really got me excited and I thought I've got to do something at least. So I started doodling and decided that I'll take part in this challenge in my own not so artsy/more craftsy kind of way. I decided to stop worrying about skills/techniques or anything. Just have fun and create something. Anything. So what started out as a silly sketch (inspired by Cloud Cuckoo Design's picture I showed earlier, in case you didn't notice) turned out into this:
***
***
The challenge was to use some sort of embellishments. I had stickers handy so this is what I ended up doing. Cute little doodle. No rhyme or reason to it. Just had fun.
***
***
Once I got started, I couldn't stop. The next challenge was to do something centered on a word. I chose my favorite word "LOVE" and ended up doing this. Click on the picture and you'll see the writing. On some of the flowers are extra words relating to love: compassion, family, kiss, kissed, dream and happiness. Again, no stress. Just had fun. Didn't worry about creating amazing art. I did keep thinking that these two would make cute cards. In their own silly way. Or this one could be a cover for a wedding album.
***

***
The next challenge was to alter a photo. You can see the original photo in an earlier posting (few down, I think). In four steps my ordinary picture turned into this. Photoscape program as usual.

***
Now I'm committed to keep creating. Just for my own fun. I don't know what I'll do with all these (they'll end up in a box somewhere, I'm sure) but my goal is just to have fun and keep creating something with the little skills that I have. I've done Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday already! :)
Thank you Misty Mawn for the inspiration!
***
It's gorgeous here. Lovely to have +C weather. Time to go and enjoy the day with Sienna.
***
Just ate some eggs with chocolate sprinkles. Mmm. Sienna is cooking again. :D
***

3 comments:

  1. Ihania oot tehnyt ♥ Mun pitäis kans tehdä jotain. On sulta niitä tarvikkeitakin, ei voi enää sitäkään pitää tekosyynä ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through misty ...love the way the flowers turned out .. simply yet very stylish design ...cute idea to add the writing .. yoru daughter is gorgeous ... my little one is 8 already ...yikes where does the time go
    i enjoyed last weeks colour prompts...onto this week :-)
    ♥ milliande

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)