Friday, December 12, 2008

{same old}

***
And it's Friday again. Where do the days go? The older you get, the faster time goes. Not that I'm complaining it's Friday. :)
Certain someone has been helping herself to my tape dispenser a lot lately. She has made binoculars, taped papers together into a "butterfly" and did you know that tape makes great bandages for your toys. Now you do. :D Yesterday she wanted to tape the last part of the nativity coloring on the door - a fun new way to color.
***
***
I hardly ever drink pop but when I do I love Ginger Ale. Bonus: it helps with nausea too. Jay found this cranberry ginger ale. Very yummy. Of course I took the picture of the French writing side. Yep, French is Canada's second official language.
***
***
One of these days I'm going to invest $ in a better camera. I couldn't get sharp pictures of these new ornaments for the life of me. There's four pictures in each ornament. Love them. Modern, simple. My style. :)
***
***
Sienna in her this year's winter gear. Missing are matching white snowflake mittens. Reason: noticed at home that both of the mittens were right hand ones! :) Need to go get a leftie too.

The reindeer is suede and has jingle bells on it's feet. On mun tyylia. :)
***

***
Yep, I like coming home to my snowflakes. Me lovey. Me also lovey our modern mailbox and light. Well, mainly the mailbox that is, the light fixture is allright. One of these days I'll get modern house numbers too. Modern, modern, modern. Word of the day. :D
***
***
We went to visit Misty yesterday, Jay's parents' & niece's new puppy.

&&$#%&% (replace with some colorful language of your choosing, no, I DON'T like swearing but sometimes you almost feel like it) Santa's helper is to be thanked for Sienna's fear of dogs. Long story but it is NOT cool for Santa's helper to try to bite Santa's arm meanly with a dog puppet. Grrh. It didn't help either that Misty is in a biting mood too. You know - that young puppy kind of biting. Sienna used to LOVE dogs. *sigh*
***

Stinking! Stinking Santa's helper. There. That's the word I was looking for.
***
***
Misty is a "Labradoodle". Non shedding, hypoallergenic. And so, so cute!
***
***
Celebrated Robin's 3,2 birthday at Montana's. I could tell you lots of stories of these guys. But won't. I'm not supposed to. But just so you know - there are LOTS of good stories I COULD tell. :D
***
***
We usually go to Montana's to eat as it's a kid friendly place. The waiters come and sing for the birthday person. You gotta wear these horns while they sing. Robin loves the attention.
***
***
Then - I promised I would let you know who won the 2008 Scrapbooker of the Year competition/Creative Keepsakes magazine. The winner is Mandy Douglass (
www.mandydouglass.blogspot.com).
I personally am very disappointed. Where is the creativity? I'm trying to bite my tongue with this one so all I'll say is "same ol', same ol'". I'm hoping that in her future layouts I'll see some serious creativity. Can't judge someone's work by one piece only. I'm hopeful... And yes, they are cute pages. Just the same old is my only complaint.
***
***
I see the point of keeping things the "same old". Rectangle/square photos (sometimes you see circles!), scraps of patterned paper, some small embellishments here and there, different ways to place the pictures on a page. This way you can scrapbook lots of pictures. I on the other hand get excited when I see creativity. When I see people do something totally different, out of the ordinary. That's what I look for for inspiration. But then - I don't scrapbook like most people do. I only do special projects with photos that I love the best. I don't try to scrapbook all my pictures. Once again, I'm the odd ball out and don't quite fit in. Oh well. Gotta be true to yourself, right?
***
***
Last year's winner - Elizabeth Kartchner - is fun. I like her journaling and her style is recognizable. I enjoy reading her blog:

www.elizabethkartchner.blogspot.com
Her husband Collin's posting about Twilight/Edward was hilarious!! They both have a way with words.
***

***
If you are the kind of person that likes to scrapbook every photo - this is a great idea: "Project 365". Check it out at
www.kitofthemonth.com. I think it's not there yet, but it will be. You don't have to do a photo/day, you can just use the stuff to scrapbook all your photos if you want. Great article about it in the January 2009 Creative Keepsakes magazine.
***
So there, I guess I'm coming across as a sore looser. I just can't help but being a bit disappointed after seeing the winner's layout in the magazine. But I am trying very hard not to judge as she just might totally surprise me and be 100% creative after all. I know everyone else will totally love her, whether she's creative or not. Traditional rocks out there, you see. Nothing bad about that either. It's just not me.
***

And now you need to read the next posting. It's fun - me eating my words. :D
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)