Monday, June 16, 2008

special day

***
Hope everyone had a great Father's Day yesterday. This is what Sienna made for her daddy. We found this bead craft set from Ikea. I first wondered if Sienna would be able to do it as it's meant for children 5 years and older. But I knew Sienna loves doing intricate work like this with her fingers (she's always playing with little things, organizing them). I was right - she loved placing the tiny beads on this heart pattern thingy. Then I ironed them so they'd melt together. You can see the result in the last pictures. Beautiful! Our tradition is to get something handmade from Sienna. Family treasures.
***



***
Happy little daddy's girl.
***
Jay always bugs me to make him a bacon breakfast for Father's Day. For those who don't know - I HATE the smell of bacon. Jay usually only gets it if we eat out or on Christmas brunch at his parents. He kept bugging me about this so much that I thought I'd better figure something special for him to eat at least. I never cook him breakfast (what a terrible wife I am, I know). I didn't yesterday either but I did go to Sunterra Market in hopes of finding special granola for Jay. He likes gourmet granola. Turns out they didn't really have a selection of granola so I ended up with banana pecan bread (I don't know why they call it bread here, it's cake), croissants, yummy chocolate and some new kind of barbeque/marinating sauce for chicken. I tried. I'm clueless what to get him for gifts. After 17 years of marriage my surprise ideas are running low. And we're just not into spending lots of money for gifts anyway. We tend to just buy what we want ourselves.
***
At church something so funny happened. There's this one boy who is always sooooo funny and makes us laugh. He's always happy and always doing something cute & funny. He's 3 years old. Yesterday he piped up and announced to everyone: "Payton is my girlfriend!" (she's 3 as well). Then later he also said loudly to her: "Hey Beautiful!". Gotta love kids.
***
After church we all napped. Sienna surprised us by napping for two hours (instead of the usual 80 minutes). She had kept us up the night before for two hours (nightmares). Last night she slept through the night again. I can't figure it out.
***
After the nap we went to Jay's brother + wife's place for family potluck supper. Food was good and kids had fun playing. Their youngest girl was entertaining us all by stripping nude and dancing. :D What a fun little girl. Love her. Then we all went for a nice walk to a nearby pond. We were supposed to feed the geese & ducks but there were no geese and the loons wouldn't come near us. We still had fun throwing rocks in the pond, petting puppies and spinning the kids. It was fun. Of course I forgot to bring my camera so no pictures to show. Oh well, sometimes it's nice just to enjoy it without worrying about taking pictures. I snapped lots of mental pictures though. Sienna and her cousin walking hand in hand on the sidewalk, Sienna throwing rocks...
***
When we got home Jay gave Sienna a special father's blessing. It was so special. Sienna had been so hyper just minutes before but she totally calmed down and was quiet for the beautiful blessing. Y
***
There - my Father's Day report. :)
***

4 comments:

  1. Oo, teillä oli ihana isänpäivä ♥ Mäkin voisin hankkia ton helmisysteemin, näyttää mukavalta puuhalta! :)

    Halit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vautsi, tosi näppäräsorminen Sienna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nuo Hama-helmet on tosi kivoja! Niin tyttärelle kuin äidillekin :) Meilläkin Koo on tehnyt noita näppäräsormisena näpertelijänä jo useamman vuoden, ikäsuosituksista huolimatta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Söpöt sydämet... Taitavasorminen tyttö, äidin vaikutusta varmaan. ;) Eivätköhän ne olleet paras lahja Jaylle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)