Wednesday, April 9, 2008

spread the love

***
I got one of these from Marita who is a Finnish muslim mommy living in Tunisia. Thanks Marita! I'm honored.
Now I need to assign this award for 5 more blogs. It's always so hard to do this (that's why I normally don't do these award thingies) because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by excluding them from your list. It's also hard to choose from the many wonderful blogs there are. So I had to think of a way to narrow down my choices. I thought that if I do "non Finnish" blogs then I'm least likely to offend anyone. So here are 5 "non Finnish" blogs I enjoy visiting:
*talia - Talia is a very talented scrapbooker who shares her ideas and talents on her blog. She also started "The Goodie Box" with her friend Kim. Because of Talia & Kim I actually made my very first official scrapbooking page. I like the challenges they give to their readers every month. It gets your imagination going as you try to come up with a layout that matches the challenge. And Talia is super special of course because she teaches Sienna in nursery. :)
*claudine hellmuth - Claudine Hellmuth is a collage artist whom I love for the simple fact that she has authored books in which she shows art techniques. I have two of her books and one of these days I will find enough courage to try my hand in art. For someone like me (an artist wannabe who never had a chance to study art) it has meant a lot to me that she is willing to share her techniques. Thanks Claudine!
*the pioneer woman - One of my new blog finds. I haven't had a chance to dive deep into her blog yet but what I have seen so far, I have loved. She has a great sense of humor and once again - she shares techniques and inspires me with her photos. Some people just like to show their art/crafts without sharing how they do what they do. It's great when some people are willing to share the techniques so that the rest of us can learn from them.
*orange you lucky! - Helen Dardik is an illustrator who's work is inspiring and makes me feel happy. Helen also likes to share "fun, fresh and beautiful things". Cute stuff! Feel good kind of a blog. Just the way I like it. :) I'm lucky that I found her blog. Now you can be too. :)
*minor details - I like this blog for two simple reasons: babies/kids & modern design. There is such a lack of modern baby/kids stuff where I live so sites like these show me the things I crave. Great place to find cool stuff for your little ones.
***
There you have it. I feel that all of these blogs qualify for the "blogging with purpose" criteria. Fun stuff!
***
ps. Who did everyone like in yesterday's American Idol? I liked Brooke, David A. and Kristy Lee. I was like "darn" when David Cook's song wasn't that great this time.
***
ps. I have like "million" scrapbook page ideas now. I'm going nuts because I don't have million hours to make them all. Good nuts though. :) Creative juices are flowing. Gotta love it. I can tell that this scrapbooking thing is going to stick with me now. By the way, you don't need to scrapbook all your pictures. That used to intimidate me too. Then I realized that you can just scrapbook special pages or projects here and there. Just for fun.
***
ps. Ok, what's with the "like"?!!! How did that get in this posting twice? (*roll eyes*)Like, I never like say it! (I really don't) (honestly!)
***
ps. It's up to the awarded person if they want to keep this award going. I know it takes time to do these. I don't even always keep them going. If anyone else wants to give this award in their blog, please feel free to do so. It's fun to see who people recommend.
***
Claudine Hellmuth visited my blog!
Claudine Hellmuth visited my blog!
:-D

4 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you so much, Sanna-Miina! You are so sweet!
    Yours is a fave blog of mine, too...you always have so much to say and share. I love it!
    And congrats on your first scrapbook page...I am so happy for you! Kim and I were actually just talking about that today...we love your page! Can't wait to see more!! (wink)

    Tal:)

    (p.s. Am I supposed to pass the award along?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. talia: You're in luck - I made another page today... I'm hooked!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much! you are too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your so sweet and have such kind words to say. than ks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)