Monday, April 28, 2008

let's turbo my life!

***
:-D
***
What a day this is turning out to be. Lots has happened already and it's only 1.45pm. Last night Jay got back from the Calgary toy show. I'll tell you more about it later. It's nice to be able to sleep again. This morning I excitedly showed Jay the scrapbooking I've been doing while he was gone (not that he cares about it but... :-D). Jay noticed a typo on one of my pages. Arrgh! I had used rub on letters and do you think they actually come off? Nope. Lovely. I tried scraping the letters off but of course that messed up the paper underneath. Then I had to try to white out the mess and use a black pen to draw little flowers back that I had scraped off. The result: disgusting! I am some sort of perfectionist I guess even though you wouldn't think of it when you come to my often-not-even-close-to-sparkling house. I have to redo the whole thing. I can't look at it and not think "grrh".
***
Then my day got better as I checked to see who had won this month's goodie box challenge (see www.thegoodiebox.blogspot.com). It was the first time I had ever participated in a scrapbooking challenge. I WON!!!!!!!!!!! With my very first scrapbooking page! It cheered me up after all that grrh earlier in the morning. Yey! :-D And they (Talia & Kim, the most talented super duo running the goodie box) even chose the prize for me that I wanted (there were three prizes to be won). Yey, yey, yey. :-D
***
Then I gave Sienna a bath and put her down for a nap. I turned the tv on while I had a late brunch. I got "stuck" watching a tv commercial for Turbo Jam exercise program. I have been gaining weight "like crazy" in the last couple of years especially. I'm not huge or anything but I do have a pouch now and feel like I'm all blubbery. I have never in my life exercised regularly. In Finland I used to go for 2 hour walks by the sea. This has been something I have totally wanted to change in my life but so far haven't been able to. Lately this has been on my mind a lot. I've been so frustrated with myself for being lazy in this area of my life. I don't feel healthy and I definately don't feel fit. I have been trying to figure out how I can start an exercise program that I'll actually do. I know I wouldn't go to a gym to exercise. Just because it takes time to go there and I also like to shower (at home) after a workout. I have wanted to find something I could do in the morning at home. I have NEVER bought anything "from tv" before but I just got off the phone after ordering the Turbo Jam workout kit. I still can't believe it to be totally honest. I hope I won't regret this later. But I felt that for $140 I can atleast try. It's cheaper than buying an exercise bike for instance (something I had contemplated on doing). This exercise will work all my muscles. It'll take about 2 weeks to get the order (I hate paying for shipping so I didn't pay for a faster delivery) and I'll let you know how it goes from there. I'm hoping and praying that this will be "it" for me and that it'll motivate me enough to get off my butt and start getting fit. The exercises on the program looked like the kind of thing I tend to do on my own. About five times a year (literally) I get the urge to exercise and I turn on some fast music and go at it. I just do whatever to get my heart rate up and to feel like Im working my muscles. Well, turns out I was doing "good stuff" according to this Turbo Jam program. So I figured that if that's the kind of thing I actually enjoy doing every once in awhile, then maybe I'll end up sticking with this thing in the long run. Will you all PLEASE send lots of positive vibes this way to help me change this part of my life. Bug me about it if you hear me forgetting about the whole thing. PHLEEEASE. :) I'm so scared that I won't stick with this program and that I'll forever hate myself for not getting fit.
***
Well, gotta go. We'll see what else this day will bring. So far, pretty good, I think. I can even handle redoing the scrapbooking thing, I guess. :)
***

5 comments:

  1. Onnea voitosta!
    Olet kyllä tosi hyvä noissa särppäys jutuissa.

    Mä olen viimeaikoina ollut erittäin lahjakas keskittymään epäolennaiseen.

    En todellakaan ole minäkään urheillut muutakuin pitkiä kävelylenkkejä harrastanut. En kuitenkaan lähes kahteen vuoteen... jotain tarttis tehdä...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sama juttu taalla, ei oikein saa aikaiseksi aloittaa mitaan liikuntaa ja osittain sen takia, etta joka paikkaan pitaa menna autolla. Kuntopyorakin on hyvana vaatetelineena ollut jo pitkaan, jotain kayttoa sillekin siis.. Tsemppia sun liikuntaharrastukseen ja paljon hyvia viboja taalta!! :-)

    jc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iso virtuaalinen onnitteluhali goodie box challengen johdosta!

    Olen lueskellut nyt neljä eri scrapbook-aiheista kirjaa, teettänyt kuvia valmiiksi, tilannut kasoittain kaikkia ihania tarvikkeita, aloittanut jo hieman matka-albumin tekoa... Mutta itsekritiikki ja aloittamiskynnys on valtava! :) Olisi kai löydettävä se oma juttu noihin sivuihin. Ja tekemällähän se varmaan löytyisi :)

    Jatkathan scrappaysta ja vilauta sivujasi aina meillekin! Voittajasivu Siennasta on yksinkertaisuudessaan KAUNIS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. s-m... the turbo jam looks fun, but it is hard to do the same workout over and over, especially after you have all thier lines and facial expressions memorized. i do think that it is awesome that you are starting though! this is how i got started to. i felt so aggitated, tired, and gross. i did some workout videos and now go to the gym... that's right, the gym! s-m you'll love it. you have to come with me. the classes are so fun and it doesn't matter what kind of shape you are in. it's the only way i stay motivated to excercise! they make you workout and you feel so good afterwards, and it's the only time in my life i have really seen results, because they push you and if you go consistently, it's inevitable! seriously! do the turbo jam to start out and then maybe come to the gym for a day. mackenzie and maya can play with sienna and there are lots of other kids from church in the play classes. good for you for starting... it will be hard, was so worth it! i've been working out consistently for almost a year now and i feel so much better. and you meet so many nice people and members at the y too. anyways, i'll talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on winning at the goodie box this month, sanna-miina...you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)